Learn With Mike
Grade A Driving Instructor with Over 10 Years Experience
Terms and Conditions for Driving Lessons
Fitness to Drive
- You must hold a current driving licence (UK provisional, UK full or international)
- You must be able to read a new style number plate at 20 meters or old style at 20.5 meters.
- Your Instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson if it is suspected that you may be unfit to drive due to the effects of alcohol, drugs (prescribed or otherwise), or any other condition that may cause your driving to be unsafe or illegal. In such circumstances you will be required to pay for this lesson.
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required for a lesson cancellation.
- If a lesson is cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice the full lesson price may become payable.
- The full lesson price must also be payed if you fail to attend a previously booked lesson.
- If a lesson is cancelled by your instructor, the instructor will rearrange a replacement lesson that suits both parties and may offer some compensation.
- In the event that your Driving Instructor is late due to unforeseen circumstances:
Where possible the instructor will add the delayed time on to the end of the current lesson.
If this is not possible then the delayed time will be added onto a future lesson, with the Students agreement.
- The instructor will pick the Student up for their lesson at an agreed location and time. If the pupil doesn’t show at this location after 15 minutes the lesson will be cancelled and charged for unless the instructor has been prior informed of the delay.
- The use of mobile phones during lessons is prohibited and will be turned onto silent mode for the duration of the lesson to avoid unnecessary distractions. Your Driving Instructor also agrees not to use their phone whilst teaching, unless an urgent call is required or a call has been agreed at the beginning of the lesson. This rule also applies to the use of hands-free devices by both parties.
- Our instructors will only teach on a one-to-one basis unless the pupil has asked to have someone accompany them and the instructor is in agreement. In this instance the extra person must be seated in the back of the car and their presence must not be a detriment to the lesson.
- Our introductory offer is available to all new customers that do not have a driving test appointment booked. If the driving test is booked full lesson prices will be charged.
- You receive a free lesson for each recommendation that gives your instructor a new customer. If the new customer chooses a different instructor a free lesson cannot be given.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months from purchase date, or a date agreed at the time of purchase.
- A refund for gift vouchers can be given up to 28 days from date of purchase.
- Blocks up to 10 hours are valid for 6 months
- Blocks over 10 hours are valid for 12 months.
- A refund must be claimed within 28 days from payment.
- Partial refunds are subject to a £10 admin fee, hours used charged at normal lesson rate, remaining monies will be refunded to the original payer.
- On the day of your test a minimum of a one hour lesson is mandatory to ensure final preparations can be made for your test. In addition to this there is also a one hour charge for the use of your Instructor’s car for the test. If you desire a longer pre-test lesson, this of course can be arranged.
- In the event of an insurance claim being made due to an incident occuring during the driving test, you will be asked to pay the insurance excess charge.
- If your test is cancelled due to Examiner illness, you may be entitled to compensation from the DVSA. The full session will remain payable. Your test will be rearranged automatically by the DVSA.
- If your test is cancelled due to bad weather there is no compensation from the DVSA. The full session will remain payable. Your test will be rearranged automatically by the DVSA.
- All driving instructors teach to the latest guidelines as set out by the DVSA
- We cannot be made responsible for any actions of the driving instructor.
- We cannot be made responsible for any independent agreement made between you and your instructor.
- We cannot be held responsible for monetary transactions between you and the instructor.
- If you are unhappy with instructor conduct, please contact us on 01522 370275 or firstname.lastname@example.org